TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Museum of the Human Race discussion

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Museum of the Human Race discussion Empty Museum of the Human Race discussion

Post by Sagansoul001 Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:28 pm

Alright guys, what we got here is a basic escape and return home type Role Play. Humans have been taken from their homes in chronological order of time itself. They are in stasis pods and are in clear view to the public who thinks that the humans had volunteered to be put in the museum. Well all except one teenage alien that has a record for disturbing the peace with protests and a few riots. When he breaks into the museum he has been having some doubts about a few of the stasis pods awaken their occupants and release the humans armed with fire arms. The teenage alien is only armed with retractable claws.

(I'm planning for a major misunderstanding that leads in the teenager having to hide in the museum. While being hunted as he tries furiously to communicate with the awakened humans. PS when I meant basic, I meant the plot line. Find a way to escape the museum and return to the times of which the individual humans were stolen. Post with ideas and suggestions.)
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Museum of the Human Race discussion Empty Re: Museum of the Human Race discussion

Post by 99luftballons Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:02 pm

So, aliens kidnapped my/our character(s) and brought them to a museum. Our goal is to escape, right?

Can you give a little more info about time-period and other things for character creation?
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Museum of the Human Race discussion Empty Re: Museum of the Human Race discussion

Post by OperaPhantom Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:03 pm

It actually sounds cool though…
OperaPhantom
OperaPhantom
Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Time period of the stolen humans is any time period of your choice but the alien and sole alien is basically rolling with pre twin tower attack security and dealing with that same relaxed security measures. The weapons that the humans have depends on their time period. (Restriction, no two humans of the same year unless related.)
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Sounds interesting. Just one more thing: is there a limit to the amount of characters an individual can have?
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:55 pm

So one could play as a historical figure?

Hell yeah TEDDY ROOSEVELT!
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:42 am

Sorry guys but I can't allow that, I'm thinking of having those captured remember what happened and wait for a portal for a new adventure. With historic figures like JFK for instance, most people from later on in history know that he will be assassinated and want to warn him about it. That would mess up the time stream badly. Same with MLK, if he was told when and where he would die he would try and prevent it from happening and if he survives history would be rewritten and the worlds that the humans go back to wouldn't be the same as when they left. It would mess up the homes some humans would go back to.
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:12 am

Easily dealt with, as it happens.

You see, the theory that I operate on with regards to time-based magic for fantasy settings is the Law of Temporal Adherence. What that boils down to is that history will pull out all the stops to keep you from modifying it. In essence, it's DM BS written into the universe. Go back in time, stop JFK's assassination? Your car breaks down, you're mugged on the way, the building you're staying in collapses on top of you, you contract HIV, any number of things up to and including spontaneous amnesia.

If someone tells JFK when he's gonna die, their throat suddenly is too dry to speak and they dissolve in a coughing fit. Then when they open their mouth a fly goes in. Then they trip and break their jaw. When they try to write it out the pencil lead breaks. The pen is out of ink. If by some miracle they succeed in telling him, a baseball hits him in the head and he develops amnesia. Or he doesn't believe you arbitrarily.

EDIT: Alternatively, perhaps the historical figures were assassinated and the aliens managed to acquire them at the brink of death. History books don't change, but people like Hitler, Caesar and bin Laden all survive, it's just that at the moment of their death the aliens saved their hides and archived them. Like in an xkcd strip where they used a time machine to kill Hitler...in his bunker on the date when he died in real life.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by OperaPhantom Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:52 am

Ok, I'm confused. scratch 
OperaPhantom
OperaPhantom
Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:01 pm

Mycro, my plans were to send them home before their deaths because they were taken before their deaths. Actions known in the future yet haven't been enacted in the past could make
Hitler turn pacifist or MLK into his polar opposite. Your theories for time travel will be useful yet I need some sort of way to keep major events from being changed. Less trouble but need a way to reign in the madness of futures being altered.

To put it simply, find a way that historic figures keep their traps shut after a traumatic event and keep it hidden from those around them. If you can figure out a way that works...then maybe Rosevelt will be in with the stolen humans.
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Well, for one thing you can take anything I just posted (I don't think you read it all the way through) and in addition to that you could make the handwavium excuse that since these events take place in the future they don't remember it in the past, because you cannot remember something that hasn't happend yet, right?
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:02 pm

I did yet what I'm getting is sort of a group hypnosis that doesn't break until a cue word is heard by those hypnotized thus unlocking memories. It is a tough enough seal to trick the subconscious, and of course the cue word is both written and said in the alien's dialect. Yet one problem remains, how to control the chaos. We can't have two people from the same time period unless they are related and there could be dangerous humans thrown into the mix. Who knows what to expect?
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:55 pm

...what.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Sorry two separate ideas in one sentence. I changed my mind anyway about a threat that the escaping humans have to deal with.
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:32 pm

That doesn't particularly clear things up.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:43 am

Trying to space the stolen about a decade apart. Yet the family bit was a bad idea. Sorry.
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:42 am

Why would they have to be from different time periods?
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Makes things interesting for the different cultural views and different experiences of the stolen.

those participating in this RP please set up your Bios now. My two characters will be the last entered into the discussion before I give Mycro the OK to lock this discussion.
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:15 pm

You realize different cultures can exist at the same time; i.e. Adolf Hitler and Winston Churchill and Iosef Stalin and Hideki Tojo, right?
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Fine, you win but can we get the character Bios started already?! Heck you could even base them on yourselves if you so wish. But let's get started with character bios.
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Will do ASAP; meatspace first, then L4D4/League/RoF, then new RPs.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:52 am

Understood. Anybody else going to put up a bio?
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:38 am

My bio
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:42 am

Hitler approved but warning, my characters won't stop a fight that breaks out between other characters and Hitler. Be careful.

Anybody else going to put up their Bios?
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:53 am

Museum of the Human Race discussion Pewdiepie_evil_gif_by_joanabvb-d5k3rhv
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next