TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OOC] C&C V: Enlightenment, Renaissance and Discovery

3 posters

Go down

[OOC] C&C V: Enlightenment, Renaissance and Discovery Empty [OOC] C&C V: Enlightenment, Renaissance and Discovery

Post by 99luftballons Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Welcome to another rerun of C&C. Somewhere along the line, I’ve lost count of the number of C&C’s that were made – but there’s been three that have gained traction previously (and a 4th is in the graveyard). So, I guess that makes this C&CV.

C&C is a NSRP (Nation State Role Play) – where rather than roleplaying a character – you are playing as a nation with thousands (not necessarily millions) of people in a medieval country in Europe in 1480. Roleplaying a nation is similar to roleplaying a person: 1) your country will have a “personality” usually dictated by whomever is in charge (likely a monarch) and 2) your country has relationships with other countries (alliances, rivalries, etc.).

The purpose of this RP is not to play Risk, but rather have fun playing a country. No knowledge of history or politics required. There’s no expectation that you’ve been a great statesman, King or President to join.

For the sake of keeping this post relatively short, there’s some links you might be interested in…

Rules & Nation Information:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AcdaYNU_VLfiMblKNYE2rRnhMn949vluqIWuwy3SyHg/edit#
*Note that due to the time it takes, not all the country information is complete. If you join as a country that doesn’t have information – I’ll make sure to add your country. If you’d like to know more about a country w/o description, simply PM me.

List of Leaders:
*Note - WIP. Also, you decide if you want a different king/queen/leader and their respective personality & age.
Leaders

Map:
Europe

GMs:
This time, since the RP requires a lot of effort to run, there’s two GMs. Me and KingArthur who’ll primarily preform the following roles:
99Luftballons – Will be handling most of the background mechanics (combat, exploration, research, economics, monarch deaths, revolts, updating country profiles, etc.).
KingArthur – will play all the NPC countries and perform their actions (diplomatic relations, expeditions, treaties, alliances, etc.)

To Join:
Step 1: (Combine with Step 2 preferred):
Declare your intent to join. All welcome. Post in this OOC thread below (or whichever page the thread is on currently). If you are not sure of the country you’d like to play as – that’s fine…there’s time for you to decide, ask me questions regarding countries and/or recommendations.
Step 2:
Pick a country. Note that there’s a map above and some details about countries. I’ll automatically ban minor countries in your immediate sphere of influence to avoid early player-player conflict. Of course, you can play a banned country if you clear it with the player who controls the sphere of influence. If you want to unify a region like Italy or Germany, PM me so we can work it out.

Regions Available: Europe
Countries Claimed: Iceland (Oprah Phantom); Ottoman Empire (Sirius)
Countries Requiring GM Permission:Austria, Papal States
Countries Banned: Byzantium (vicinity-Ottomans); Ming (too OP); Wallachia (vicinity-Ottomans)

I highly recommend that you pick a country in B tier or above. Also, some countries like Novgorod, Venice and Teutonic Order are not going to survive long, so beware of that as well. Although with some clever playing, you could overcome said obstacles.

Step 3:
RP. Once the RP is up of course.

Step 4:
Ask Luft questions. Seriously, I want you to ask questions if you have any. C&C requires a lot of communication to make sure we see the world through a similar lens. You can ask me questions like – “could I 1v1 Venice?” or “what’s Ireland’s relationship with Brittany”, etc. You can ask in OOC or PM – whichever makes you happy.

Hope you enjoy!

Luft

Last edited by 99luftballons on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:51 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Beautification)
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

[OOC] C&C V: Enlightenment, Renaissance and Discovery Empty Re: [OOC] C&C V: Enlightenment, Renaissance and Discovery

Post by Sirius Lupin Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:49 am

Alright, everyone.

I am playing as the Ottomans. Their sultan is named Mehmet II, who is reknowned as a conqueror . He is 21 years old as of the start of the role play. Besides being a conqueror, he is also tolerant, yet pretty lustful.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

[OOC] C&C V: Enlightenment, Renaissance and Discovery Empty Re: [OOC] C&C V: Enlightenment, Renaissance and Discovery

Post by 99luftballons Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Noted. I'll probably make a spreadsheet of monarchs so that incrementing their age will not be such a hassle.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:50 am

FYI - Added a list of monarchs. Still a WIP tho. But for the major nations they're present. Ignore leaders mentioned in Rules section (until I remove said info).
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by OperaPhantom Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:04 am

This thing gonna happen? I understand you are busy.
OperaPhantom
OperaPhantom
Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:27 am

If there's enough interest. Currently only Sirius and potentially you are willing.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum