TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New players Post here!

+3
Frenchie
Flagmauth
Doomwing
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New players Post here! Empty New players Post here!

Post by Doomwing Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:19 pm

This thread is for the sole purpose of Introducing yourself, and your history of rping. And your favorite type of Roleplay, so on and so forth. This is for New players, so if they need help rping they can at least post they need help, and an expert member, or a Mod can help them.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

New players Post here! Empty Re: New players Post here!

Post by Flagmauth Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:30 pm

New members always welcome, join today!
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchie Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Hello everyone! I'd just like to introduce myself. My friends call me Frenchie (You guys can too)
I do have some limited pen & paper roleplaying experience including
D&D (Very basic, not very long, not the advanced rules, I believed we played the 3rd Edition)
Starwars RP
Skyrim RP (Currently Playing at the Moment)
And a lot of single player and multiplayer game experience (I won't bore you with a list)
Well, that's sounds about right, Thanks for the welcome guys!
- Frenchie

Frenchie
Frenchie
Hobbyist

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:49 pm

As said before, welcome!

It just so happens we have got a Skyrim RP, as well as two different Star Wars ones, you may wish to look into them Very Happy
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchie Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:57 pm

I will thanks for the help! (By the way... how would I join these Role-plays if I find one that I like?)
Frenchie
Frenchie
Hobbyist

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:00 pm

For most of them you just make up a character on the spot, post your profile in the OOC and hop on in. I suggest asking Sheo how to go about joining the Skyrim one, though; we're in a bit of a dodgy spot for someone to be joining (right before we go into Helgen Keep, for example) so you'd need to work that out with him. Anything else you can almost pop out of the scenery, so long as it makes sense.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchie Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:04 pm

Yeah, hahaha, I get it would be a tricky part to just insert into there, Looks fun though, ill try it out!
Frenchie
Frenchie
Hobbyist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:56 am

Welcome Frenchie. My fellow RP members on the forum call me Sagan. We at the forum are welcome to new members. But a few words of warning for the wise:

1) Don't try and mess with the plot line of the RP you are posting in, it only brings trouble[I have made this mistake]

2) If you have questions ask them in the OOC thread, it was built for questions.

3) Have fun and try to enjoy yourself here, we all have our own posting/character styles, find yours when you are here.

4) It's okay to give other members some 'slight' grief but always check with the author of the RP for what torture you can inflict on others and where. [This is how you make/keep friends.]

When you follow the rules then you could be the greatest TTR Roleplaying member in our history.
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchie Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Thanks for the welcome Sagan! thanks for the tips, ill try to keep those in mind.
Frenchie
Frenchie
Hobbyist

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverTooClever Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:34 am

Hello all~ I'm NeverTooClever, but you can call me whatever you want. I have no pen-and-paper RPing experience, but I do have a couple years' experience with this kind of improvisational, play-by-play, almost collaborative-writing style roleplay. I thoroughly enjoy it, and I love when my character and roleplaying/writing style click with another person(s)'.

Anways, my favorite kind of roleplay is character-building, where we really get into a character's thoughts, feelings, and relationships (I mean friendly/familial ones, not romantic), while simultaneously making them a deeper, more real and fleshed-out character.

I'm not big on Star Wars, not having dabbled in it that much. I have no skyrim experience, but I do enjoy TF2 as a game, and enjoy the characters and how they interact on and off the battlefield.

I'm also not sure on how you judge a person's roleplaying ability. I've seen it where it was the length of the post that counted, but I usually interpret it by the quality of their character and how much ground they can cover in a post (though intense fight scenes don't count, they usually have to be shorter due to the sheer amount of things a roleplayer can NOT do without godmodding).
NeverTooClever
NeverTooClever
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:52 pm

Welcome, NTC! Hope you enjoy it here. 

I definitely agree on the whole length thing - one of the reasons I created this website was I was sick and tired of other sites with length requirements. I ended up feeling like I was creating a bunch of filler when I tried it.

Anyway, perhaps you'd like to be slotted in on Mann Down, since you're big on TF2? In general we try and keep our RPs accessible even for those with no experience with the source material: BG never read or watched Harry Potter and Sagan's never played Borderlands but they're significant contributors to those respective threads. Be sure and let me or BG know if you have any questions - neither of us have much of a life so we'll almost certainly answer you pretty quickly!
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverTooClever Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Thank you so much, Mycro! How would one go about joining a particular thread? Do you post your character/character sheet in the OOC, and if that's the case, do you need approval before roleplaying?

Oh, and I already looked at Mann Down. It looks pretty entertaining, so far!
NeverTooClever
NeverTooClever
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Generally speaking, yeah, you would first get your character okayed by whoever is nominally running a given RP. Sandbox ones you would pretty much just jump in - the only exception being CW in which case you may have to re-tool your selection to fit with the heavily modified universe.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverTooClever Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:34 pm

That's really helpful, thanks! I didn't want to seem rude or ignorant.
NeverTooClever
NeverTooClever
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Welcome NTC, we are always happy to let in another member into our ranks. You may have seen my tips for Frenchie and they both still apply today and are useful to remember. We have multiple types of RPs going on at one time so if you find one you're interested in, alert us in the OCC area and alert the author by a PM. Hopefully you find a few soon.
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Leading Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Ms.Leading and it's been about a year since I've roleplayed, but I love it so much. I love creating new worlds and characters based of original ideas or from books and media. I'm really into RPGs online with forums or from video games. I game a lot in my free time with games like Persona, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, LoZ, etc.

I can't really judge if I'm great at Roleplaying or not, I like short sentence response sometimes or paragraph responses. I love action RPs and I'm okay with drama RPs too. On the old forum I was on we never had a separate topic board for OCs and plots, but I'll have to look into that. Nice to meet you all!
Ms.Leading
Ms.Leading
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Welcome, Ms.Leading! Have to say I've not played most of those games, but I have played Skyrim and decided I loved the TES universe.

If you like action RPs...that's pretty much most of the forum right there, so you should be fine. Feel free to ask myself or BG if you're confused about anything. I can explain the OOC threads right here, though: each roleplay has a corresponding OOC thread where posts that aren't in character go, such as the dice rolls we often use to resolve combat, questions for the GM, and information on the setting and characters.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchie Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:32 pm

hey guys, it has been a long, long while, but i've been wanting to do some roleplay for a while. Is there any room left?
Frenchie
Frenchie
Hobbyist

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:54 pm

Welcome back, and it depends on what RP you're interested in.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchie Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:59 pm

I remember a type of RP that reminded me of Civ, which i enjoyed. The Skyrim one seemed cool enough, but i never joined.
Frenchie
Frenchie
Hobbyist

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:06 pm

The Civ RP is currently out of commission, but should be back up next week - Luft was running it and had to bow out due to college. When he gets back I'll talk to him about getting that one back up and running. 

As for Skyrim, yeah, that's doable. We currently have another Dovahkiin character running about if you wanted to have the Voice, but you'd have to play that character - it would be kinda lore-breaking if we had Dragonborn spawning out of the woodwork.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchie Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Sure, i can try that out, if that's alright.
Frenchie
Frenchie
Hobbyist

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:13 pm

right, I'll send you the details...once I find them. Ordinarily I'd do so now, but I'm doing about a billion things at once right now.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchie Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:26 pm

Alright, Thanks.
Frenchie
Frenchie
Hobbyist

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:06 pm

OK, I'll probably rejoin sometime this weekend. My calculus test is over, and only finals and a practical are left. That means my work intensive classes are coming to a close relatively soon and all I need to do is study. But who studies 24/7?

Anyway, the civilization RP collapsed after Gaara and you left. But I should be able to get it up and running if enough people are interested. One of my games [EUIV] got a nation designer, so map editing should be so much easier by screen-shotting the game.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum