TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timebreak

+4
Sheogorath
Tassadar
President WIN
Flagmauth
8 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Timebreak  - Page 3 Empty Re: Timebreak

Post by Flagmauth Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:29 pm

The member 'Tassadar' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd20' : 5
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:13 pm

France, wary of the new power right next to them, recognizes the state of Germany somewhat more reluctantly. The embattled CSA, Republic of Deseret and Great Plains State follow suit, albeit at intervals. Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire also recognize it.

A brief war in South America ends with Paraguay seizing a portion of Brazil and annexing Uruguay.

Tsar Alexander II, seeking to capitalize on the precarious state of North America, launches troops from Alaska to land in Washington State, for purposes of "ensuring that continued insurrection against the Union does not occur." That this area is not actually in rebellion is not mentioned. Given the military situation the Union is in, the Northwest is largely without Union military presence (unless they were kept there in which case the war in the east goes much better) and is forced to develop more or less impromptu forces of its own while civil administration assumes the functions of a semilegitimate government.

Italian nationalists in Rome have brought the other Italian states under their control. With this, they declare the Roman Imperium, a more or less hypernationalistic Catholicism-based state.

The Great Plains State refuses the Union offer and continues to fight, despite the instability of their country. Deseret bogs down in a debate between factions who oppose helping the Union (more or less isolationists) and factions who think it is a good idea, though they continue to exist as a functionally independent country by this point.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:55 am

The Germans Launch Their First Basic Airship: The VĂ¼nter. It is Basically A Hot Air Ballon, but Larger. They Attached a Basic Propeller onto it which is Powered by steam. It is a Step in the Right Direction for the German Reich.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:32 am

The Brirsh applaud this marvalous feat of skill, and offer the resources of the British Empire to the new country, in exchange for allowing British scientist to assist in the project.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:14 pm

The Germans begin Further research into better forms of Airships. They Start Buying large quantities of Iron and Start using more steam powered machines developing ones that seem so futuristic. They have a Basic Steam powered Irrigation system for their farms, and Steam powered Tractors to Harvest their many grains.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 pm

The nearby Italian Imperium (self-renamed, as much of the country resented Rome getting the country name) and Austro-Hungarian Empire also offer to collaborate with the German Reich to make airships. France remains wary.

[DM Notice] The British have taken Boston and Baltimore. The falls of New York and Philadelphia are imminent, which will allow large-scale connections between British land forces and those of France and the CSA.

The Russian invasion of Northwest USA has stalled, because of incompetence of the Tsar's officers in charge of the attack and insufficient resources of the defenders.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:14 pm

The British press their attacks on New York and Phili. The British also fortify Bunker Hill and Doercester heights near Boston. Russia is offered the assistance of British officers in their assaults on the NW USA.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Germany uses this move to Increase its political Strength with those countries. The Kaiser orders construction of more fortified and grandiose airships. With the Combined might of the Three Countries the Kaiser Erects the Assembly of Nations. A place so The Three Country's Can Decide their Co-existing Moves. Germany Invites Russia and Several Smaller Countries in Easter Europe into the Assembly As well.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:07 am

America thanks Mexico for its help, and notes that they are also close Texas, as well as other southern states and southern ports.

As soon as Quebec is starved out, it is seized by the Union. Britain is asked why exactly it is fighting.

The Tsar is asked to apply forces more directly to the conflict if he is to fight.

The Union pledges its full support to the German Airship program, and sends scientist/ambassadors to Germany.

The Union recognizes the Italian Imperium and asks for its help against the divisive pro-slavery states of Great Britain, France and the CSA.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:08 am

France is asked why it is fighting as well.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:36 pm

The Russian forces accept British aid. The assault on Washington intensifies and they are able to make landfall.

The French do not bother responding to the Yankees. Their navy forces the Yankee ships carrying scientists and ambassadors to run the gauntlet of the blockade and sinks any it catches flying the Stars and Stripes.

Italy chooses to not ally with the Union, beings that it is not strong enough to challenge any of the three countries specifically mentioned. It strengthens ties to the stronger countries to the north and east, Germany and Austria.

Dissent and antiwar sentiment are spreading through what remains of the United States. Protests are held, occasionally erupting into riots, especially along the border with the Confederacy. Congress now seeks to take back the reins of the country that the Presidency seized in wartime, and talk of a potential armistice surfaces in the House and later the Senate.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:56 am

(Again, let me note that, France, Britain, and Russia, not to mention many of the smaller countries are all supposed to be my allies.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:56 pm

[please explain how, at least for the three biggies you mentioned]
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:21 pm

(Britain, even if starved for cotton, is composed of a working class that is almost entirely against slavery. That includes the majority of their military by the way. Also, Britain would receive cotton quicker if they just gave me support. The Union will fight to the death to end slavery, and if that includes massive slave revolts and running a whole underground country, they'll do it. President Johnson might officially end the war, but the Union will never stop fighting.

France just got done with their own revolution and Napoleon and that whole time period, which means that they are flush with their own sense of morality, which is conveniently individualistic, anti-authoritarian, and therefore anti-slavery. If Britain moved against the Union, as you chose to do so, then France would be especially likely to jump in on the Union side, so as to fight their old enemy, uphold morality, and gain the benefit of the Union side,which had 70% of the nations wealth, 90% of the industry, and something like 75% of the railroads, and was therefore highly likely to succeed.

Russia, contrary to what Jeffrey has claimed here, was a declining presence in Alaska and the American West from about 1800 on. They had little to no military presence, were (by the civil war) on good terms with the Americans in the Fur trading business, and moreover were fed up with competition, both from America and Great Britain. The area had been bled dry of the furs they wanted, and maintaining Alaska as a colony was becoming prohibitively expensive. Not to mention they didn't want European powers to have more power than them. They sold Alaska to the U.S., as you know, almost immediately after the war, and we took it, because they had supported, if not fought for, our cause. They neither have the soldiers (unless they suddenly brought them there; can you say EXPENSIVE? lol) nor the will (they were about to leave anyway) nor the political inclination (again, Russia was against the other European powers expanding at this point, because all Russia had going for it was size) to not support the Union, let alone to FIGHT them.

I could go into more depth, but I seriously doubt you'll even read all of this. Though I do encourage you to, even if it isn't quite as good as Kennedy, who is a source here, by the way.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:54 pm

[And if I felt like explaining myself I would, but because of friction between my parents and me and studying for finals, I'm not going to do it. Get on with the RP and stop debating everything that doesn't go your way.]

Russia, with British assistance, now begins to make their way inland. Despite their being more or less on the same side, this rather alarms Canada.

The Republic of Deseret, now almost entirely independent, expresses its desire for peaceful coexistence with the Union, the Confederacy, and Mexico. They don't bother trying to convince the other powers to stop fighting, busy with setting up their own country.

The House of Representatives, somewhat in disarray, impeaches President Johnson, based largely on his ruinous foreign policy and general management during the war. They send officials to Britain, France and the CSA to negotiate a cessation of hostilities.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 pm

British demands are this;

1. Free trade for Britiain
2. Guarenteed peace between the Union and the CSA
3. American industry and government fully supports Britain.
4. The guarantee of Candian security

In return, all captured lands will be returned to the Americans as a sign of good will, and Brotish soldiers will be ordered back to Canada and Britain

These demands are seen as light by the British, but are satisfactory.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:33 pm

( I do wish you would read, Jeffrey. It was Alex that asked, not you. I have entirely other things to say to you. Firstly and fore-mostly, that I would not be discussing, let alone debating this, except that ALL of this went against me. You yourself have called it a gang bang, and it was perpetrated, to the best of my knowledge, because I was the RPer, not because of ANYTHING in real life. This is why you create threads like "When Worlds Collide;" its so that RPers can take things out on each other without affecting anything serious.)

Johnson takes the deal, declares the ambassadors who went before impeachment processes were complete to be traitors, (assuming no one actually important went) and fights off the impeachment charges much as he did in real life, except rather than seeming too soft, he now had seemed too hard.

In exchange, America demands that Britain help get the CSA, France, and Russia to calm their asses down. America also contacts Mexico, and declares that, as there is no more war, sadly the Mexicans can not fulfill their promise and get California as a reward.

However, the Union declares that it will give the Mexicans California if they respect the borders as they are right now, and act as an ally in mezo-america.

President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:27 pm

The British begin the process of pulling out, telling the Americans to ask what the other countries want and to bargain with them. They send out notices of the recall to the officers serving with the Russians, although some defect to the Russians. The British then put all their resources into developing new things, like a new and improved tea cup. Candian cities still hold a sizable British garrison.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:07 pm

France demands peace and recognition for Deseret, the CSA, and the GPS. The CSA echoes these and also demands that heavy fines be paid. The GPS basically has nothing original to say. Deseret proclaims its intentions to coexist peacefully with the United States, but also warns that it will not tolerate an attempt to extend Yankee authority over it again. Russia demands that it be allowed to hold its territorial gains.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Considering absolutely none of this is true to life, I officially quit this roleplay.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Happy now Jeff?
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:42 pm

[What, so if some countries demand something of you, you quit? Pretty damn weak, Trey.]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:10 pm

No, when countries do something that is not in their best interest repeatedly, in order to make a concerted attack with other countries, I quit.

In other words, when it becomes the policy of the DM to have countries magically manufacture troops, act as if there was a geopolitical climate, and base their movements and positions on information they don't have, all during the mid 19th century, I quit.

Not to mention when a DM fails to see more than one way to win in an RP, and mistreats his players, after they took pains to help him, I quit, to prove a point.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:31 pm

In actuality I should have quit a long time ago, so this comes very late, but I assumed incorrectly that I could turn things around, when in fact the outcome was fixed.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:32 pm

I believe this is known as a rage quit.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down