TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timebreak

+4
Sheogorath
Tassadar
President WIN
Flagmauth
8 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Timebreak  - Page 4 Empty Re: Timebreak

Post by Flagmauth Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:55 pm

^This^

Quit bitching at me, Trey. You assume because the other countries attacked you they're all fine and dandy automatically. They're not. I present to you this list of what's happening in other countries as a result of this alternate war.

Britain: Government power increase and severe dissatisfaction with the gov't for siding with the CSA
Canada: Territorial losses and severe damage in Quebec
CSA: Massive inflation and ongoing black uprising, plus next to no serious industry outside Kentucky
Deseret: More or less stable, but without significant military power
France: Dangerously overextended and facing issues on continental Europe
GPS: Barely even a country. Anglo-Saxons rebelling against Sioux Indian administration with plans to return to US control
Mexico: Usual sorry state of affairs, but with more money thanks to purchase of land by CSA
Russia: Near governmental collapse, economy in ruins, military plotting revolt

The thing here is that you didn't play your cards right with the war. That's your fault and nobody else's. I admit I provoked the Mormon uprising (because I liked the name Deseret) and the Russian invasion (excuse to shake up Russia's government). But even so, what you do when you lose a war is build yourself back up and fight another day. Or, if you are so weak-willed, ragequit.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:08 pm

The germans begin to Plant Operatives in the Russian populace to spark a revolt in Germany's Favor. The Populace like the Idea and Soon an Open Civil War will begin. Germany begins to start Control powers in many countries. They Tie several Smaller Countries into them annexing the country of Austria after it Decided to Join with Germany. The Germans ship materials Faster in their country due to Their Steam powered Airships.

A Scientist In germany Makes the First Steam Powered automobile. He Markets the Design to the German Government which sees promise in this Design. Germany also Discovers several Large Iron Deposits in its Land. They Begin mining Operations. Germany also refuses to Recognize the CSA as its own country. They publicly call them. "A Whiny group which cannot accept the fact that all people were created Equal."
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 pm

Tassadar wrote:I believe this is known as a rage quit.

Incorrect, as I am not quitting because I am angry. You make the illogical assumption that I am quitting out of anger. I am not. I simply see that this is not going to be accurate in any way shape or form, or fair to me. Therefore, there is no point for me to involve myself in it. I see it as beneficial for me to wash my hands of this now, rather than sit through any more of this nonsense. It is no fun for me. There are other RPs in which my time would be better served.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:41 pm

[so, ur quitting bc u don't wanna be part of the thread, yet are still commenting...]
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:00 am

Taethos wrote:Quit bitching at me, Trey. You assume because the other countries attacked you they're all fine and dandy automatically. They're not. I present to you this list of what's happening in other countries as a result of this alternate war.

No, I assume that for the countries to act this much against their best interest, they would have to all be ruled by idiots in real life.

Taethos wrote:Britain: Government power increase and severe dissatisfaction with the gov't for siding with the CSA
Canada: Territorial losses and severe damage in Quebec
CSA: Massive inflation and ongoing black uprising, plus next to no serious industry outside Kentucky
Deseret: More or less stable, but without significant military power
France: Dangerously overextended and facing issues on continental Europe
GPS: Barely even a country. Anglo-Saxons rebelling against Sioux Indian administration with plans to return to US control
Mexico: Usual sorry state of affairs, but with more money thanks to purchase of land by CSA
Russia: Near governmental collapse, economy in ruins, military plotting revolt

Don't insult my intelligence here. Without restating what I said earlier, the European countries have no reason to be against me here, and the American ones have no power to be against me. If the European countries were in as bad a shape as you say, they wouldn't be in this war, and neither would anyone else. You manufactured this list, considering you've never mentioned it before and Alex might want to know about something like "Severe dissatisfaction with the Gov't," in order to prevent me from leaving. While I'm touched, I'm not going to stay so you can have the satisfaction of attacking me behind the facade of the Union.

Taethos wrote:The thing here is that you didn't play your cards right with the war. That's your fault and nobody else's. I admit I provoked the Mormon uprising (because I liked the name Deseret) and the Russian invasion (excuse to shake up Russia's government). But even so, what you do when you lose a war is build yourself back up and fight another day. Or, if you are so weak-willed, ragequit.

You mean to say I didn't play the my cards the way you would have. The fact that you can't see the difference, and that you blame me for it is clear proof that you are short-sighted, and irresponsible as a DM. Not to mention how irrevocably untrue to life this went. If you must resort to insulting me to get me to stay, I think that's another good reason to get out now. I'd like as little drama as possible here, but if you insist on insulting me, I will respond in kind. I'll check back later to see if this is worth rejoining later. Now, Goodbye to this thread.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:11 pm

[So you do ragequit. The list was informative, not an attempt to get you to stay in the thread, which I'm not even sure I would try to do anyway. Also, what exactly gives you the right to insult my DMing ability whenever something doesn't go your way?]

In the GPS, riots break out all across Illinous, Iowa, and Dakota against the Sioux government. Without significant power or support, the gov't is unable to do much about it and looks to be on the point of collapse. The USA (which still holds New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland) eagerly awaits this.

Revolts erupt in Russia as the economy self-destructs under the strain of maintaining their new colony in North America. The Tsar is shot (presumably by his scheming niece Katryn, though nobody can prove it) and the military takes charge. Alaska breaks away from the Motherland and forms its own country, while the military government of the Northwestern US is left to fend for itself.

Austria sees no reason to merge itself with the Reich and says so rather tartly. They do continue to help both Germany and Italy build up military power, including work on the concept of military airships.

[You forget Austria is A) bigger than you and B) under my control, Ian]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:28 pm

[the US shouldn't hold the Candian cities, that was part of the treaty, under security of Canada]

Assuming the US does hold the cities, then that is considered a violation of the treaty and GB will immediately launch an offensive to restore the cities. Great Britian starts to produce copies of the German airship, seeing them as an effective means of commerce.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:56 pm

Seeing as how No german Airship has Ever been Seen by British Eyes, Your Move is Not happening.

The Germans Are getting Untrusting of the british. They Crack down on the people allowed to see the inner workings of the air ships. They Successfully Prevent Any british Spies from Ever getting their Hands on a Copy of the Specs. Ever. The Germans Launch their First War Airship. It is Fully metal Coated and uses recently developed early gatling guns (they were being made at this time, just they were really Unreliable.) They have a Few Cannons with Shaped Rounds on the Ship as Well. A Parade is Held in honor of this Event.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:44 am

Austria follows suit, then Italy. France, working double time to keep up, produces one a little later.

The USA apologizes for the mix-up and pledges to abandon occupied Canadian territories.

The GPS' government fully collapses (within three months of the war's end, which is quit impressive under the circumstances) and state governments are reformed.

California remains isolated from the rest of the Union and basically unprotected.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:05 am

[seeing as how Ian's not the DM and cannot negate my moves, it did happen. British scientist were part of the project, so when they got back to dear old England, they built copies]

When the German terror force arrives at most of the scientists homes, they find a note saying they were out traveling. The scientists are quickly called home from their travels to assist those that had already comeback in building the giant balloon.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:03 pm

(No They weren't... I never said that You were involved. I will not Argue over this Alex. It was a Purely German And Austrian Project. Not Yours. )

The Germans Are puzzled as to why Britain Thinks there were British Scientists involved when german Scientists are the Best in the World.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:09 pm

The British don't really care what the Germans think. They make several improvements to their designs, making them more manuverable. The British also recall several ironclads. When they depart from the shipyards, they look radically altered, yet exactly the same.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:25 pm

A large german Fleet of Airships Makes its way to Switzerland. The german Airships Bombard the Capitol of Switzerland and through Warfare Claim Switzerland as its own. The German reasoning. "We are Tired of these Neutral Countries..."
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 am

[Italy is on Germany's side too, Ian.]

France, enraged, sends Germany an ultimatum to pull back to prewar borders or face war. Given that they've been around longer, they are at this point militarily stronger than Germany (and Italy, for that matter) and with their pulling out of America, they can deploy quite a bit of that strength. They also include a statement saying if Germany makes any move to influence or invade another small country nearby, they will summarily attack.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:51 am

England prepares for war by ramping up it's already huge industry. Training manuevers are conducted by the Royal Armed Forces. Britain, after cutting the Germans off from Imperial supply lines, backs France in it's ultimatum, and warns the overly aggressive German state to stay within it's current borders.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:55 pm

The The Kaiser of Germany Tells France and Britain that the Swiss Planted Several Experimental Charges in a german Hospital. Germany Also says that the Swiss have been harboring a Man who has been trying to Cause a World war for years.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:52 pm

The French charge that the Germans have no evidence whatsoever. Since the Reich has failed to meet French demands, they break off diplomatic relations with that country and prepare for war. Which the Germans can still stop.

The United States watches from the territory that it has kept ahold of, waiting for a chance to strike back against the GPS.

Russia is now ruled by Tsar Katryn, who is reshaping the country into something resembling coherence again.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:56 pm

The British are more reasonable, and ask to see the explosives. Preparations for war are still underway, however. New weapons can be seen placed at strategic points around the Indutrial cities of Britain.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:52 pm

The Germans Send to Both Britain and France Evidence of the Weapons. They also send Early photographs of the Explosions in a Hospital in Germany caused by the Swiss. The Germans Also begin work on 10 Other Airship Factories around the country. They also develop a cartridge for gunpowder in guns. the German troops are Armed with new Rifles with Cartridges instead of Muzzle loaders. German Troop efficiency on ground combat has increased. They also Call to their Ally Italy, and ask them if they wish to join with the Kaiser, and become part of the Reich.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:46 pm

France continues to demand Germany leave Swiss territory. Much of their military is on par with the Germans', they having been following closely.

Italy declines, though they express a desire to continue working alongside the Reich.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Te British are skeptical about the pictures, and ask that they be allowed to send experts on Munitions and explosives to the sites and to see the remains of the weapons used. The British also begin development on new weapons designs, ammunition, and fuses. At current, Britain is the premier world power, and they intend to keep it that way.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:17 pm

(it doesn't stay that way for long.)

The Germans Leave switzerland for now. They keep their Airship Fleet up to date with current technologies. The original one is now on Display at the German Institute for Technology.

A German Sociologist Writes a paper that gives him high Marks in the Science community.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:09 pm

[Ian: For the record, an iron-armored airship wouldn't be feasible as iron is heavy and weight is necessarily a concern. If you armored it, you would have to use aluminium or some other lighter metal.]

The rapidly disintegrating GPS loses Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and then the remaining territory to pro-USA rebellion. Each "liberated" state immediately petitions reentry to the Union, and pretty much receive it every time.

The Russian colony (apparently being called Pacifica) is brought back under the administration of Tsar Katryn, along with Alaska.

Deseret is concerned about sharing borders with the United States again.

France is keeping up remarkable well with German military advances.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:18 pm

The British begin constructing buildings, although their purpose is not known. Loud machines can be seen running around London. The inventors call them lorries.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:18 pm

(uhm Correct me if i am wrong… a Lorrie is a large low horse-drawn wagon without sides.)

The Germans Start researching the effects of new types of gun powder trying to come up with a more efficient powder.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum