TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theology and Thaumaturgy

+2
Doomwing
Flagmauth
6 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Theology and Thaumaturgy - Page 7 Empty Re: Theology and Thaumaturgy

Post by President WIN Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:35 am

As the wolf hits him, Darrien goes limp, letting himself fall backwards. As his back hits the ground, he uses inertia to throw the wolf (now backwards and upside down) with his legs into the tree behind him where the changeling was tied. He then scrambles to his feet and turns to face the wolf again, being more cautious this time.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:40 pm

The changeling rolled out of the way of the wolf's charge and decided that there really wasn't a point to staying within reach. She ran at the tree and jumped up, then again off the trunk, catching a low-hanging branch and swinging on top of it. From there she climbed higher in the tree, and when she had reached this perch she continued to hurl daggers at the wolf, more to harass it than anything.

Barrek watched the solid mist-form as it took the shape of a rather large bear. He was a little disappointed to have used it (he only had the one and he liked to use such things conservatively) but it cost him almost no effort to use and only a little to direct its attacks. The mist-bear yawned widely and took an almost lazy swipe at one of the nearby wolves.

Lorenzo pressed the attack again, swiping his cutlass in a deadly arc at the wolf.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:05 pm

(Sorry for not updating the wolf situation for a while...)

Darrans wolf is decides to keep pouncing on Darren, hoping to keep him of balance.

The changelings wolf sensing it pointless to go after her, decides to help take down Lorenzo.

(I am assuming that the mist bear has taken a physical form) The swipe throws the wolf at another tree, but the wolf seem unaffected by the impact.

Lorenzos wolf backed up a little, to avoid the blade, but carefull not to give him any "legroom".
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Barrek noticed the wolf moving up behind Lorenzo and decided to intervene. He reached out with his mind and the bear charged, slamming into the wolf like a thunderbolt and biting down.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:04 pm

The wolf's neck, snapped as a result of the bite of the bear, effectively killing it. Upon dying, the golf turned into dust...
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Instead of trying anything fancy this time, Darrien just dodges out of the way just when the wolf jumps, swinging his sword to catch the wolf in the side. As he does this, he mumbles a few words, causing a small jet of fire to burst into the wolf's side, as well. He then begins to prepare a finishing style blow, mumbling words of power under his breath.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:53 pm

[Numbers: What golf?]

The changeling had by this time ceased throwing daggers; they weren't doing any good anyhow, so she just watched.

Lorenzo lunged at the wolf, trying to provoke it into action and make a mistake he could exploit.

The mist bear turns and lumbers at the wolf it had earlier thrown into a tree.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 pm

(I meant to type wolf)

The fire consumes Darrians wolf from the inside out. The rest of the wolf pack decides that the battle was lost and runs northward...
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Theology and Thaumaturgy - Page 7 E31

Darrien relaxes a little, surprised that his spell worked so well. "Hmm, I didn't even get the chance to really use my big spells on them. Shall we follow them? Or do we have else to do? What say you, Azadar, Lorenzo, Barrek, and I guess Changeling as well?"
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Lorenzo, after making sure his wolf was not going to come back and attack him, sheathed his cutlass. "I say let them run as far and fast as they like."

Barrek frowned. "We should not let them escape to regroup; but I don't see how we could possibly catch up to them...Perhaps it's best we move on."

The changeling, hanging upside-down from a tree branch, said, "I'd rather not fight them." She had no interest in fighting something that shrugged off her daggers like puffs of wind.

Barrek, apparently having forgotten about the changeling, turned and looked at her, scowling. "You still have things to answer for."
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:10 am

"Such as what?"

"Such as what you were doing in that cage."

"Mostly just sitting there."

"... I meant why were you in it in the first place?"

"Because they put me in there."

Lorenzo broke in, "What's your name, anyway?"

The changeling tipped her head to one side. "I'm not sure I want to tell you that yet."
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Meanwhile, in the North...

The host of goblins had destroyed many human towns in the North. Jardeune was merely the most recent; swamped with refugees, the city's defenders had barely been able to put up a defence, and the city now burned merrily behind the moving army, a column of smoke the last witness of the couple thousand extinguished lives.

Such was war. The northern city-states had, however, been relatively weak and refused to put up a united front. It was simple to knock them over one by one until finally the most powerful of them stood alone and friendless. The cities and minor kingdoms of the Midlands and South would not fall so easily, though. Already cities such as Bale and Alvorstead were coordinating their actions, and in the South loomed the mighty Dwarf-Kingdom, solid and unshakable as the mountains that lined its borders.

They would be dealt with in time, however. For the moment, one had to see to this little castle. Djevik Castle, or so he had been told. Goblin scouts stole quietly up the road towards it, eyes and pointed ears alert for the slightest sign of danger.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Far to the west, across the crystalline doom, inside the great palace of the Feldspar Empire, The Great King of the Western Nations sits in council with the leaders of the Great Western Nations.

The High king of the Feldspar is a Great and noble man with a glowing blue composition with streaks of gold and purple light across his body like veins. On his head sits a crown made up of one of the great shards of the Founding Crystal. "I did not summon you all here to be criticized, our Isolation from the East is maintained for their own safety, as such I cannot allow your Folly with your Scouts that crossed the great Sea go Unpunished I'lliĂĄth Stargazer!" The High King leans back and scowls.

A tall Elvish man strokes a greying beard and smiles slyly. "I am sorry your grace, but the Other nations are in Strife, my scouts were supposed to keep it quiet, but the Wizard… has his own plans as much as you know."

The Feldspar king sighs. "I have known Narun all of my life and by the great crystal he has never been this... this...."

"Stupid... My lord?"

"Exactly, as for the other three, one is your granddaughter, and one day her children will be your heir. Yet you send her off into the wilds of the East to most likely die by the hands of some crazed Goblin pack!" The High King's hue starts to change slowly, rippling with streaks of red.

I'lliĂĄth looks at the king and sighs. "I am sorry your Grace, but after the events that have started here I must know what it is you have been keeping a secret from my people, was it not I who stood beside you when we drove back the Dark forces of the old ones? Was it not my Father who Died trying to save your Father when Mal'gorn the Demon King of the Aldrin still Ruled these lands? Do not forget yourself your Grace, Your people did not create this world as you so proudly claim. You came here on that crystal and brought light and peace back to this landscape which was lost for millenium. My people were slaves to the demons that ruled here, and your Father, first born of the crystal, set us free and we have not forgotten it. You put us on this council to provide you with great knowledge and to act as a second mind. If you keep things from us your council members it is not going to do you any good in the long run."

High King Tel'n looks down in shame. "I am sorry my old friend, but I have been only keeping this a secret because it must be kept. There is a Decay in the air on the Southern Shores of our Land. An rumors of Great monsters in the Seas, Dead things in the Oceans and Dead things that have been surfacing from great Chasms that swallow whole villages, The Exiled are spreading the Crystals across the Flats and expanding their wastes. Your Village of Irenti was destroyed by a Great Fire Wyrm born out of thin air. Our world's magic is in dire chaos as it opens into the new world, and the Great Crystal's Light is decaying... this is a dark time coming, and I could not bring myself to tell you my closest friend, and the lords of the Andal and Orcish Nations."

The Lord of the Sea Orcs nods and Stands up. His skin is Teak in color and heavily Muscular, a great black beard covers his face with his twin tusks extending out. His hair is braided with Gold and Ruby ribbons. "Ok' Nagash your Grace, what threat does this pose on my people. We have long been Fighting for your Honor after you freed us from the Demons My people have Provided and Set aside our long lived disputes with the Andals stemming before the Sundering of the World."

The Lord of the Andals is a fair skined tall muscular man with Copper hair and Blue eyes. His beard is Copper tinged with long streaks of Grey betraying his age. "My southern Villagers have been Reporting these sightings, I took them off as rumors. My gods, have my people thought I forsaken them, have they thought that I have left them for dead? I must return to my keep your Grace, My people need me now more than ever."

The High King cuts them off. "My lords, my rage... forgive it. I'lliĂĄth, you were right. You were right to send the wizard over the seas to warn the East of the Coming Doom." He stands up and the other lords follow suit. "My Lords, In this time of Struggle Our Four Races must find common cause and Unite again. Our Peace has lasted for a Thousand years, and it shall last for a Thousand more years. Return to your People my Lords, I shall summon you here again when we have more information."

The Three Lords bow and leave the small council Chamber.

Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 pm

[When can we expect a map, by the way?]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Azadar, being amused by Barrek and the Changeling, decides it would be wise to stop their conversation and turn to more serious matters. "Barrek and er... do you have a name? What should we do? I think we should go towards Djevik castle, in the hopes of figuring out what all this is about..."
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:25 pm

"I have a name."

Before Barrek could make a cutting remark (which by the look on his face he was about to do), Lorenzo cut in: "As much as this all is amusing, we've something we were doing already. So if you'll just tell us your name, miss?"

"Dezenn. Dezenn Serray."

"Alright then. Off to the castle."
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:42 am

(I'll scan it once I have a good looking copy done, I'll keep adding to the world when it is needed)
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Azadar was happy to have stopped the conversation between Barrek and Dezenn with Lorenzo's help. "If I remember right there should be a lot of castles a few hours walk from here. Perhaps Djevik Castle is among them..."
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:37 pm

"Perhaps..."

A couple hours pass and the party now sees a castle in the distance.

"Well? Now what?"
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:09 pm

"Remember the wolves? I think there will be worse things in the castle. Perhaps we should try to conceal our approach" Azadar replied.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:33 pm

"Indeed. How should we do so?"

Lorenzo thought for a moment. "Illusion?"

Barrek shook his head. "Not my strong suit, and I'd hazard a guess Darrien's no expert in the field either."

---

The goblins had made their way to the castle's main gatehouse and were prowling about, looking for an entrance.

---

The dwarven fortresses on the island of Stirken had been weathering siege by the newcomers (calling themselves Ricatians) for some time now, but new threats were appearing. Walls were being smashed by enchanted trebuchet projectiles, and where the Ricatians could not fight their way through they flooded tunnels, poured alchemist's fire in on the defenders or when possible triggered cave-ins. Much of the surface of the island was already under Ricatian control, with only Ulmurdzen (the largest city) remaining above the earth.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 pm

"The castles in this area are known for their secret entrances/ exits, perhaps we could discover one with magic" answered Azadar eyeing Barrek and Darian.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:14 pm

The high King of the Feldspar walks through his palace of Carved marble. Veins of Amethyst and Gold naturally run through the marble walls and pillars. He comes to a stop at a large window that over looks the majority of the city that rests inside of the crater formed by the impact of the Crystal those many millenium ago. A female feldspar walks up next to him and wraps her arm around his shoulder and kisses him. "Dear husband... What is the matter?"

The High King smiles and looks at her. He rubs his hand over her slender crystal hair. "I can sense a great disturbance in the lands to the East. My people have made small contact with the Dwarves and humans of those nations, and even then there are races and places on this world that even we have not discovered." The King Lets go of her and walks back to the window. "I am sending out ambassadors and more Feldspar to the East than I have since the great war. We rebuild the fortress on the coast of the Greatest of the Eastern Continents and maintain a constant watch over those landscapes. The Leaders of those nations will not like having our people near them... they may see it as an invasion, but in order to maintain the security of this world the full might of our alliance must be gathered. The Four pointed star will guide on every continent and remind them of who we are. Our Merchants will be in Every great city and shall bring about a golden age in trade and prosperity.

"The Orcs shall build more ships and start making contact with the lost island races, The Humans shall send ambassadors to the Great Countries, and the Elves shall send scholars, soldiers, Wizards, and even their King himself shall Go to the greatest of the nations on the continents to act as my personal ambassador." The High King turns around and looks at his wife. "Isha... my dearest, This is all what is troubling me. Our Kind hasn't grown in number in a hundred years, and I fear for our kind's extinction."

Isha looks at him and smiles. "Our kind has always grown slowly in the last millenium. I do not expect us to grow any faster, we are a young but ancient people to our friends. They who have existed longer have survived through the worst this world has ever seen. I do not expect us to fall any time soon." She walks closer to him and adjusts his crown. "You cannot blame yourself for the great crystal refusing to grant you a child… It will come in time."

The High King smiles and kisses her. "We can still hope. Yet I cannot help but be jealous of my old friends, I'lliath with is four daughters and son, the old King Graybeard and his Hundreds of Descendants with a line so strong it will never be shattered, and the Old Warlord Bitteraxe of whom the whole of the Orcish nation came from. Only one of my old friends remains alive sure, but their children have forged each great nations under my stagnate nation that hasn't seen true growth in a millennium."
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Barrek triggered his revealing spell again, sweeping beams of light pouring from his eyes.

By the castle's entrance, the goblin scouts are suddenly alert; keenly watching the illuminated area from their positions.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Darrien shifts uneasily, and makes his sword ready. "I pray you find something soon Barrek; that light makes us more visible to others, I fear."
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum