TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trolls and Trinkets 2e

+2
A Blind Guy
Flagmauth
6 posters

Page 18 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Go down

Trolls and Trinkets 2e - Page 18 Empty Re: Trolls and Trinkets 2e

Post by 99luftballons Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Sir Edmund releases the falcon to have it spot the run-aways. It didn't spot the prisoners to Edmund's disappointment "I suppose they somehow drowned and died."

"Nonsense. They are hiding somewhere and we are going to find the prisoners!" David replied/shouted before ordering the guards to search the surrounding area.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:15 pm

Dezenn, having avoided being spotted, let the guards go on their way before heading back to the town. Obviously she changed out of her thieves' guild armor; no sense in looking like anything but an innocent woman. She decided she'd keep an eye out for the two Greeks and when they got back they could go after the judge...
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:34 pm

An hour long search revealed nothing of signifigance. David thought things over "Perhaps they are good swimmers...Guards, let us check down river and see if they are there!"
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:35 pm

"I have something to tell you two." The man says. "It is a long story, so you may want to sit down."

After Octavion and Anastasia do so, he begins his tale. It turns out that his name was Notirt and he had known the vampire judge- whom he called Opherla- back in the days when they were both human. One day when they were both sixteen, she was bitten by a vampire called the Duke (Because, lets face it, the title 'Count' or 'Countess' is really overused for a vampire- thank you Brahm Stoker) and was turned into one immediately- therefore shunned from their community. A few years later, Notirt- running away from a conflict that has reached his village- found this cave and hid in it. He drank from the mystical green fountain and became the immortal Water Spirit- the guardian of all the rivers and lakes. Also, after drinking from this fountain, he has gained the knowledge of vampire slaying.

After telling his story, he invites the duo to rest for a little while, but instructs Octavion to dump his shield into the river so he won't be recognized when he and Anastasia leave. Octavion does so and the shiled goes along with the current.

About an hour or so later, Julios spots the shield washed up on the riverbed. He stops the team with a shout. "Look!"

He walks over to the shield and slowly picks it up. "It looks like my brother has drowned." He says in what seems to be a sad look, but if one looks closer, they could see by the twinkle in his eye that he was delighted.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:32 pm

David looks at the shield before deciding that the rest (sword, etc.) was missing. He asks for five volunteers [he ends up picking the volunteers] to try to find the bodies, while the rest of the guards head towards the guardhouse.

Sir Edmund is going in the same direction, but is going to meet/inform the judge.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Around 4 hours later, Julios- the leader of the five sent by David- gave up the search, believing the two were probably eaten by sharks or something.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:02 pm

"Eaten by sharks?" David roars at Julios "since when are there sharks in a river? Get back out and FIND THE BODIES!"

David thinks for a few seconds "no, you are right there is no point in searching for them yet. What did you find?"

99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:31 pm

"I think he may be dead, sir." Julios says, pulling out Octavion's Spartan Helmet. "This was found about an hour before we cut the search short."
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:47 pm

"Ok, so one of them is dead. What about the others?"
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:55 pm

"No sign of her, sir."
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:10 pm

"She must have walked right past us! $#@! that knight. If we were doing it my way then we'd already have caught them" David said angrily.

Sir Edmund walks in "You forgot that I was the one that found them. Perhaps you should take private lessons with me..."

"Your @#$! lessons aren't worth #$@! Let me tell you something. The prisoners are not knights and will therefore not go into a fair duel, especially against someone as goo...I mean as average as you. And let me tell you something else..."

"I suppose you are entitles to your opinion" said Sir Edmund, shrugging off Davids comments visibly showing that he didn't care. This left Davids face as red as a Tomato, but Sir Edmund didn't seem to notice. "Did you find the bodies?"

99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:08 pm

"She must've walked past us? Really?" Julios says. "Last time I checked, she jumped into a river with my brother. And besides, it rained, so even if she swam to a remote shore, there would be footprints that would lead us to her due to the soaked dirt."
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:42 am

"So it stands to reason that she either drowned or walked past us" Sir Edmund concluded.

"Pure genius" said David with heavy sarcasm before turning to Julios "she is a member of the Thieves Guild, so she'd be back in town somewhere. See if you can find any trace of her."

"I forgot to mention to you that I am in temporary command" Sir Edmund pointed out "and I have a plan. Julios, you try to find this Dezenn person."

"$@#! That is what I just said you idiot!" David retorted.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:04 am

[Wait, are we looking for Dezenn or Anastasia?]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:55 pm

[This is how I see it: The guards know that Anastasia and Octavian jumped in the river, and know that Dezenn is unaccounted for. I have no clue what Malachai did...]
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:14 pm

"I'll do anything to get away from you idiots." Julios says and walks out. Soon, he went to the city, looking for Dezenn.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:58 pm

"I don't see how I am an idiot, but I do know you are one" David pointed out.

"Which just proves that fog is covering your eyes. Clearly he meant you" Sir Edmund pointed out, leaving the color of Davids face in such a deep red hue any artist would have been left jealous.

"@$#@! Your brain is covered in a thick fog you think that!" David roared, before considering what to do next "why am I wasting my breath talking to an idiot? Clearly I should be taking care of the prisoners, but wait! You let them escape!... anyway, if you were trying to hide from the mighty guards, where would you hide? Perhaps a place that has a few contact like a tavern. I'll send a few guards in disguise to see if they can find her."
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Dezenn was quite thankful for the facemask she'd worn while on the run; the only guard who could possibly have gotten a good look at her face was that psychotic captain and she was sure she could avoid him; the man's armor made him stand out like a sore thumb in a crowd. She sipped at a flagon of mead, idly wondering what was holding up the Greeks. If they didn't come, she had decided, she could make the theft on her own. After all, nobody ever said anything about killing the mark. Bad for business. Better, especially with nobles like this judge, to let them accrue even more wealth for you to...procure.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:03 pm

(Well, this is a bit of a pickle. I really don't know what Malachai would have done. His old behavior would have suggested hiding with Teren, while his more recent behavior would have suggested going along with the Grecians.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:11 pm

President WIN wrote:(Well, this is a bit of a pickle. I really don't know what Malachai would have done. His old behavior would have suggested hiding with Teren, while his more recent behavior would have suggested going along with the Grecians.)
[This was a typo, yes? I would assume he'd have gone with the Greeks - given his curse, I hardly think he'd be hanging out at a tavern with Dezenn.]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:53 pm

(This is assuming Malachai had gone with the Greeks)

Notirt approaches Malachai and places a hand on his shoulder. "Young man, I feel that there is a curse about you. If I may, I would like to try and remove it from you." He says.

Meanwhile, Julios- in one of his many disguises- enters the tavern with other disguised guards. He spots a shady person (Dezenn, though he only knows it's a person from the Thieves Guild) sipping at a flagon of mead at the bar.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:28 pm

[She's not conspicuously a thief, you know, she just looks like a normal woman wearing normal clothes. Essentially the only way to recognize her at the moment is to have been previously involved DIRECTLY in the Thieves' Guild. In her particular one as well, as there are technically more than one (they work like criminal gangs, don't you know.)]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:03 pm

(Alright, forget what I said. By the way, a little info about Julios: he's a backstabbing, cowardly master of disguise, so who knows? Maybe he was once involved directly with the Thieves Guild.)

Julios walks over to Dezenn and sits down next to her. He orders a pint of strong ale and turns to Dezenn. "Might I ask what a woman like you is doing in a tavern like this?" he asks.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:21 am

Dezenn raised her flagon. "Why, drinking of course."
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:01 am

"You know what? This disguise thing isn't working!" David snapped "We have already gone through 12 taverns and we haven't found any worthwhile scrap of information, besides she is in town. Julios was right for calling you an idiot."

"You didn't want to go into the tavern that my knightly senses told me to enter" noted Sir Edmund "for that I'd say he meant you were the idiot."

"We will check the Lazy Cow. Only she won't be there..."
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next