TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imperialism

+6
Tassadar
Sirius Lupin
Doomwing
Death*Knight
Savurl
Flagmauth
10 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Imperialism - Page 23 Empty Re: Imperialism

Post by Tassadar Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:59 pm

[I'm liking the tunneling warhead. Did you know the British were the first to use them?]
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:10 pm

The Americans erect a memorial for those killed in the space fighting. NASA begins to develop a new engine for it's rockets. The new engine is expected to be done in a year, and it will be powerful enough to put a man on Saturn and bring him back in about three weeks. It will be used for peaceful space exploration only. We also ask that the Chinese government disassemble a large number of their silos.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Death*Knight Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 pm

[Wow. seriously? Didn't know the british were that into militaristic stuff, but i do know they had one helluva good naval fleet in the 1700-1800]

The japanese help with the memorial services while having to make a memorial site of their own for their people. The Japanese now opens it's trade route to every country, offering any last minute alliances to anyone, including Russia.
Death*Knight
Death*Knight
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 pm

First of all it would TAKE YEARS at normal ICBM speed. And Secondly There is a very High Chance that OTHER Asteroids would hit the ICBMs, SECONDLY Earth has No fucking Clue that the Irish are on Ceres.

Plasma Cannons, There are a Shit ton and There are 5 Irish War ships protecting the Area as well. The Resulting Explosion Would also send a Ton of the asteroids at Earth or the Inner Solar System. The Chinese Fail. Utterly. Just leave the Irish ALONE. you would Kill 1.5 Million people Spread out amungst the asteroid belt in Multiple colonies. Your people would Retaliate in protests. It doesn't matter the past you still would kill Innocent People. MANY innocent people. Think about the Reprocutions around the world if you actually Did that. The US would erupt in protest. The Soviet Union would very well Collapse from the Anger of its People. India would be Pissed off at you guys.

Yes I know this is a Rage post, but you can't have a ICBM get to the asteroid belt in a few days with out it being Light speed Which You Banned jeffory, Or FTL, which is also banned. There is Plenty of time for the Irish To Intercept Easily. And they would have run out of fuel long before they got to the Asteroid belt. Not to Mention, When One Nuclear Explosion happens, The other ICBMs would Experience what i like to call, an EMP. This would have Disabled the others.

Last edited by Doomwing on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Death*Knight Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:36 pm

[.......do not complain to me, complain to Jefferey, yes?]
Death*Knight
Death*Knight
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:23 am

(I think that we should leave Ireland alone, it's bad enough that his country was blown up, besides, we can run into him again after we colonize out into space some more.)

Brazil announces that the seven killed in (Jeffrey's) car bomb were all actually extremists, as the car bomb blew up in their garage...

To prevent them from actually becoming a public nuissance, a Brazil cracks down a little on known and suspected extremists, putting them under surveilance and flagging purchases made by them that could be used as bomb making material.

Brazil sends scientists to aid the Americans in developing the fuel, noting that the importance for Brazil will be in the return trip, as the Brazilian railgun launch system can already put a man out that far pretty quickly.

As it seems to have gotten lost in the mail, Brazil again extends its offer to the MIO to come play in Brazil.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:38 pm

[heres an article over the tunneling bomb. Thought u guys would find it interesting.]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Slam_bomb
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Great Britain has just found out there were spies in Britain. They quckly round up all of the KGB and- after stripping them of their equipment- gave them a quick but fair trial in which they were found guilty of the murders of thousands when Ireland bombed Great Britain. They were thrown in a highly-secure prison and the navy prepare quickly for a possible war.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:05 pm

The member 'Sirius Lupin' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd20' : 11, 16, 9, 5, 16, 13, 7, 17, 10, 15
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:27 pm

Doomwing wrote:First of all it would TAKE YEARS at normal ICBM speed.

[Wrong. Just wrong. At most it'd take a month, and further these are going considerably faster than ICBMs - they don't have to allow for air resistance and re-entry heating.]

Doomwing wrote:And Secondly There is a very High Chance that OTHER Asteroids would hit the ICBMs

[In case you're wondering, the Belt isn't like the Hoth Asteroid Field from Star Wars. Most of it's empty space.]

Doomwing wrote: SECONDLY Earth has No @#!*% Clue that the Irish are on Ceres.

[By my count that's "thirdly," and you didn't really think nobody bothered to figure out why Ireland launched a crapton of stuff to the Belt? After that it's just a matter of finding out where, which is easy to figure out by monitoring Irish communications (major powers are extremely friggin' good at this) and emissions from the craft.]

Doomwing wrote:Plasma Cannons, There are a @#!*% ton and There are 5 Irish War ships protecting the Area as well.

[First off I'd like you to explain when and how you got the technology to make them and second off it doesn't make much of a difference, as plasma cannons =/= equal directed-energy weaponry. As such they have an interval between when you fire and you hit where you're aiming at. It's hard enough with this kind of weapon to hit a NORMAL ICBM and these, as stated, are not normal ICBMs. They're going faster and therefore are harder to hit. You'd actually be better off using shrapnel missiles, which are also cheaper. As for the warships, they might intercept three at best. After that they wouldn't have a ghost of a chance.]

Doomwing wrote: The Resulting Explosion Would also send a Ton of the asteroids at Earth or the Inner Solar System.

[Go back and read my comment on the distance between objects in the Belt.]

Doomwing wrote: Just leave the Irish ALONE. you would Kill 1.5 Million people Spread out amungst the asteroid belt in Multiple colonies. Your people would Retaliate in protests. It doesn't matter the past you still would kill Innocent People. MANY innocent people. Think about the Reprocutions around the world if you actually Did that. The US would erupt in protest. The Soviet Union would very well Collapse from the Anger of its People. India would be @#!*% off at you guys.

[Governments don't take kindly to threats, Ian. Neither do the people, who would, if anything, celebrate the destruction of a threat to their country. Also by this time there's about nothing that India could do about it, assuming they reacted the way you think they would. The PRC and USSR are both far more powerful militarily and by a good clip politically, and Germany and Korea are roughly on the same level as it. Even if the Americans disapproved (which is unlikely as you threatened them too and killed American soldiers) their government can't or won't start a war on your behalf, not without serious consequences.]

Doomwing wrote: you can't have a ICBM get to the asteroid belt in a few days with out it being Light speed Which You Banned jeffory, Or FTL, which is also banned. There is Plenty of time for the Irish To Intercept Easily.

[I never said it was a few days, and as I said earlier it'd at most take a month. Also I addressed the interception problem.]

Doomwing wrote:. And they would have run out of fuel long before they got to the Asteroid belt.

[They don't have to keep their engines on the ENTIRE trip, just long enough to get up to speed. Then just some maneuvering, and the bomblets carry their own fuel supply. And you also forget they are DESIGNED to get out there. Therefore they would accomodate sufficient fuel for these actions.]

Doomwing wrote: Not to Mention, When One Nuclear Explosion happens, The other ICBMs would Experience what i like to call, an EMP. This would have Disabled the others.

[You are, I hope, aware that nuclear EMPs are caused by the interaction with the Earth's magnetic field? Which is notably absent?]

----

Sarov sends the King of England an e-mail telling him he needs to roll a 20 to find documents with lists of KGB agents on them [Action voided].
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:27 pm

[And also kindly stick to one roll for attempting that, Brandon.]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:13 pm

[so, what. We massacred Ireland, is this now a ghost forum then?]
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:44 pm

The USSR holds another massive military parade, displaying to their cheering people the incredible military might of Russia and her allies.

Chinese and German military expansion is going well, mostly due to help sent from the Moscow government.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Death*Knight Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:47 pm

[Looks like it. Shall we leave thy thread as a memoir to thy good old days?]

Death*Knight
Death*Knight
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:29 pm

[It's only a ghost thread if you abandon it.]

China is monitoring Oleg Sarov's health with some interest...
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:46 pm

Russia has now used up all of its oil in military parades...

It begins importing more from Brazil, and Brazil's economy booms.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Death*Knight Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Japan is now out of the war, all military withdrawn as a peaceful celebration was brought. Festivals were started, fireworks were shot up into the night skies, dances were danced, and people were happy.
Death*Knight
Death*Knight
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:52 pm

[i can't tell if trey is joking or not, so I will leave it with this. Why would Russia import oil from a hostile country? Did u forget that they are drawing resources from Siberia?]
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:58 pm

An American laser malfunctions and fires into St. Petersburg. Casualties are unknown, and the American government immediately apologizes and destroys the rogue laser. They send 15 million dollars to Russia to assist in rebuilding the industrialized area that the laser hit. Driven by fear of Russian retaliation, America mobilizes it's military and prepares it's SADs.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:31 pm

(A, I am not a hostile country, B, they used all the oil in siberia in military parades, and C, if you couldn't tell whether I was joking or not you are dumber than I thought... I'm joking, again.)

Brazil sends 20 million dollars to help rebuild St. Petersburg, and simultaneously copies/downloads all blueprints, notes, schematics etc. that describe St. Petersburg. They create a 3D holographic model with extreme detail. Brazil can now rebuild St. Petersburg to exacting detail, such that the artisans who crafted it over the years could not tell the difference. They tentatively offer these plans to the Russians if they want to rebuild the city.

Then the Brazilians begin using the technology created for the St. Petersburg Project to build and remodel city around the globe, all within seperate disconnected Brazilian Cyber Servers. Brazil begins offering these plans at a premium to chambers of commerce all around the world at a premium.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:32 pm

It's CZAR! Get it through your commie heads!
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:38 pm

The Czar's Intelligence Agency in Russia find out from hacking into Russian computers found a list of the three who have are in England. Those three spies are quickly rounded up and- after a fair trial- the spies were found guilty and thrown in a highly secure and guarded prison. The British Navy quickly prepares for a potential war with Russia and people coming from Russia are quickly examined to make sure they are not spies.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:38 pm

The member 'Sirius Lupin' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd20' : 12
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 pm

The surviving Colonies of the Irish band together, the old leader was killed in the nuking. His Daughter takes Control of the Colonies and begins to repair them. The Five ships of the Irish Return to the belt and help sustain and rebuild the colonies. In the Explosions, Ceres Crashed into other Large Asteroids. They formed making Ceres into a 2,000 mile Diameter Planetoid. The Remaining Irish see that its gravity is enough to hold an atmosphere, its core because of the radiation and pressure is liquified Iron. It has a magnetic field stronger than Earth's.

The Irish land on the surface of the Brave new world. They begin Terraforming Efforts.

Current Population: 25,000.

Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Brazil extends greeting to the fifth planet from the sun, and asks if all the unpleasantness with Russia and the U.S. is finished.

(Why did you assent to being bombarded with nukes? and is the Inter-Solar Systemic War finished?)

Oh, and by the way, with this map of the solar system, (that is, without Pluto and with Ceres) the acronym must be changed; My Very Excellent Mother Certainly Just Served Us Nothing.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum