TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Myrran Wars

4 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Myrran Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: Myrran Wars

Post by Doomwing Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:28 am

Kern smiles widely. He reaches behind his back and pulls out a rifle. It is large, partially wooden, and is pretty much a hybrid between a rifle and a blunderbuss. "If you Insist. Tell me what to shoot and it will go Kabloey!" the Dwarf lets off another good hearty laugh. He takes another swig from his flask.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Shi'nrae spun to face a random crate waiting to be loaded onto a ship and cried, "Plak'la zotreth!" A burst of golden-yellow sparks shot from her outstretched fingertips and collided with the crate, which promptly vanished in a small, directed explosion of energy. The remnants, which consisted of a few charred pieces of wood and some bits of the cargo (which was apparently candles), littered the area where the crate had been.

Shi'nrae turned back to the Draconian. "Satisfied?"
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Kern targets a candle which landed on top of a stack of crates. he aims, and fires. The shot pierces the wick of the candle. Nothing else is harmed. "Not the Kabloey i wanted."
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:39 pm

"I like you two," Alekssander nods appreciatively. "One more test, more for fun than anything before we set sail. I've been playing around with Chaos Magic lately, and I thought you two might be interested to try playing with a little fire" Alekssander summons three fire elementals.

They move toward Shi'nrae, while Alekssander turns to the destroyed crate of cargo, mutters a few words of healing and repair, slightly crossing the boundary from Life to Nature, and then back again, and the crate is reformed whole. Alekssander lifts it into the air, flapping his usually stately wings a bit to keep his balance, before smiling and saying "Try this for a boom, Kern!" while throwing the crate at Kern.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Kern rapidly loads an explosive round. He lifts up the rifle and fires it dead in the center of the Crate. The Crate suddenly explodes sending shards everywhere but in the direction Kern is. Kern smiles and lays his rifle on his back. He takes a swig of ale and lets off another hearty laugh. "Kabloey!"
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:27 pm

"Arzithral!" Shi'nrae gestured, and a frigid blast of energy exploded in the midst of the golems, snuffing out their flames (unless they're remarkably powerful, I'm assuming that since they're for demonstration purposes they aren't quite so powerful as to resist that spell, and Shi'nrae's overdoing it anyhow) and leaving quite a bit of frost on the ground under the spell's radius.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:34 am

(Yeah, basing everything in this game, on the relative strengths of the units in-game, and fire elementals are relatively weak, so no problem.)

Some of the dock workers begin to stare pointedly at the trio who are using guns and spells. Looking around, Alekssander laughs a little, then turns back to his new friends.

"What say you we get out of here? You're both welcome aboard. We seem to have attracted some unfriendly attention, and commerce waits for no man, eh?"

Alekssander boards the Air Ship, the Ruby Night, and calls for the ship's captain. An old beastman appears at the call, prompt as you could imagine.

Although his mane and muzzle are graying, he moves spryly, and silently, his proud face betraying not a hint of the slavery he has endured.

"Yes, sir?" He asks in response to Alekssander's summons.

"Ah, you are the one they call simply the Captain here, yes? I'm to be the new master of this ship,"

"I'm aware, sir."

"and as my first direction, I wish you to set a heading for the dwarf city of Silvervale."

"Yes sir."

The ship begins to change in direction, letting just a little time for the new crew members to board before the airship accelerates.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:16 pm

"What exactly do you plan on doing there?" Shi'nrae asked her new employer.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:47 am

"They have large supplies of mithral there, so it will be relatively cheap, and the house wants all that it can get. But we'll have to be careful of air pirates, not to mention the Troll-Dark Elf Situation, but then again you know all about that. Anyway, turns out Silvervale is considering taking a side, and because its so resource rich (like most dwarven outposts) its a really important political as well as literal battle ground." Alekssander says, comtemplating the conflict sadly.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:32 am

[As Ian does not appear to want to post, how about we move this along please Trey?]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:03 pm

The purple earth of Myrror passes quickly below the air ship on its way to Silvervale. The beastmen are active in the background, but quiet as always around their masters. Suddenly though, the Captain appears at Alekssander's side. "Sir, a ship is approaching at rapid speed. As we are top of the line, (the captain says this with just a hint of pride) the only way a ship could be reaching us is if they made special modifications, or if they're burning out their elemental to do it. What are your orders, sir?"

Alekssander turns to his comrades. "I warned you this trip might be dangerous. What do you all think of this?" The raises an eyebrow, but is silent.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Kern looks back at the air ship. "If Need be I can shoot it down. One well placed shot and Wham! it goes kabloey!"
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:29 am

"Assuming it's not armored or shielded in some way."
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:57 am

Noting the others lack of an opinion on what to do, Alekssander orders that all canons be loaded and ready to fire, but holds off on firing them. In a matter of seconds, the canons have been armed, and the entire crew stands at the ready, except for those few needed to continue the running of the ship. The ship closes slowly.

(Yes, it would be very hard to blow up an airship with one shot, even from your rifle Ian. The engine is pretty deep in the ship, and there are no such thing as explosive rounds yet.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:40 pm

[Not even ones based in pyromancy or alchemy?]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:50 pm

(That is correct; I would allow the development of such, but right now, it's probably easier to create an explosive effect through magic, and the alchemists are still making good money on enchanting swords, not to mention that handheld steam rifles are a bit of a new invention, even for the mechanically minded dwarves.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:23 pm

"Nizzre'!" A bolt of lightning shot from Shi'nrae's outstretched hand, high enough above the other ship's deck/rigging (depending on the type of airship) not to hit anything, but low enough to serve its purpose as a warning shot.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Kern loads a round into his rifle. "Aye, Ya wouldn't want to be doin' that miss. They might get the wrong Intention. If ye catch my drift."
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

The ship begins to fall back, but not, apparently, because of anything intentional; smoke has begun to escape from the ship, a clear sign that the ships engine has been driven to hard. The Ruby Night begins to fast out distance the ship. Alekssander regards his crew with eye-ridges raised, "Well, this is interesting."
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:54 pm

To Kern, Shi'nrae said, "And if they had the wrong intention they shall think twice." To Alekssander, she said, "Why are they smoking? I didn't hit them with that lightning bolt."
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:50 pm

"No, I know you didn't. I didn't do anything myself for that matter. This is a bit disturbing." Alekssander leans over the rail clutching it tightly, looking back at the ship.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:40 pm

"Are we going to investigate?"
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:42 pm

"I don't know, what do you think Kern?"
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:02 pm

"If they Be in trouble it is our obligation to help them. However, the Skies are filled with Pirates, and this tactic was used a lot when I was in the Merchant Fleet of the Dwarven City of Ironholm." Kern says with a dark expression on his face. "They do that, making it seem they are in trouble. Then they board the ship, and murder all on it, or enslave them. They then Proceed to take the most prized objects on the ship, The Food, The water, the Ammo, and the Engine. I would be wary if we do go back to help them."
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:28 am

"If they do turn on us, we shall make them sorry."
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down