TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Myrran Wars

4 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Myrran Wars - Page 3 Empty Re: Myrran Wars

Post by President WIN Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:07 pm

"You think we should go back to help them?" Alekssander asks, to clarify.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:30 am

"Or, as the case may be, kill them."
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:43 am

"Very well. Take us back to the disabled ship, Captain."

"Aye aye, sir."

The Ruby Night comes around and soon the other ship is within docking range. No shots were fired between the ships, and there appears to be no one on the deck of the other ship, the Evergreen Fens, anymore.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:52 pm

"I have a Bad Feeling about this." Kern says. "The Crew, just seemed to have vanished."
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:03 pm

[It's a trap!]

"Or they're waiting to ambush us."
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:57 am

Suddenly, a crew member surfaces, having heard everyone talking. "It's you! Thank the gods you came back for us!" The relief is plain in his eyes.

Suddenly from behind the two ships, you hear a sucking sound as space is rent around you, and a ship appears from no where, through what appears to be a hole in space. They begin firing immediately.

"Quick!" Alekssander says, turning to his friends and crew, but eyeing the incoming ship, which appears to be a standard pirate airship, "It was an ambush, just not the kind we thought! This floundering ship was the BAIT, but they had nothing to do with it! All men to their stations! If we hurry, we might have a chance against this thing!"

"On the other hand," Alekssander says darkly to his new friends, out of ear shot of the rest of the crew, "Teleporting a whole ship here, from beyond visual range is strong magic, and I'd be willing to put money on the discipline of Sorcery... things look very bad for us if we can't get an edge over them."
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:51 pm

[Will post after getting some pertinent info at lunch tomorrow.]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:33 pm

"Zhennu nizzre'!" Shi'nrae fired another lightning bolt, far more powerful than the one she had shot earlier at the bait ship, at the pirate's rigging, aiming to light important things like sails on fire and generally make a mess of it.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Kern sighs. "I told ya, its a trap!" He says after a momentary pause. He pulls out his rifle and loads an enchanted bullet into the chamber. HE then fires. The bullet screams through the air. Literally. It Pierces the hull of the airship and begins screaming a high pitch noise which is causing much pain to the targeted airship's crew. The noise however is not as bad to the crew of Alekssander's ship. still fairly loud. "I recommend covering your ears... she wont stop for another Five minutes!"
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:11 am

The rigging and sails do indeed catch on fire. The crew ignores it however, and in a few moments a sudden burst of water from nowhere puts it out. Then, it seems as if a thousand soldiers are marching at you all from the ship across the air. It is impossible to place the origin of these soldiers by looking at them.

Meanwhile, when Ian shoots the bullet into the ship, the immediate effect is that the soldiers marching across the air waver for a moment, literally shimmering while they halt, then they begin to march forward again. Meanwhile, the other ship is in disarray, unidentifiable crew members running about in extreme pain.

(How better to put this; your attack was super effective Ian. Your character would note this.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Shi'nrae, satisfied with the damage to the rigging for the moment, decided to turn her attention elsewhere. She flung her arms out wide, more for dramatic effect than anything practical, and shouted, "Qeesu'aco!" The air between the battling ships twisted itself into a column of rotating winds, not dissimilar to a horizontal tornado, tearing a huge gap in the ranks of the advancing soldiers (unless as I believe they are illusions and centering itself on the other ship, making an even bigger mess of the rigging, hurling crew members from the deck and causing general chaos.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Kern speaks calmly. "Hrm Interesting. Super effective against the normal people... not against the others." He loads another round while Shi'nrae attacks. "Keep them Busy! This one needs some Adjustments. I will be firing several stray shots to gain a perception of the whole thing."
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:08 am

Also, yes, Jeff, they are illusions, and pretty weak ones at that, but your characters don't know that; I expect some amount of Player-Character knowledge separation. Now that the Sorcerer on board knows that you have pretty good magic users on board, she is going to try to do everything in her power to disrupt you all. Also, she knows how weak these illusions are; in this game, almost the WHOLE damage power rests on you guys disbelieving them, so she's going to try to protect them, and make them really realistic too.

Oh, and you probably realized this already, but I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have about the game, I just expect separation of knowledge. So if remembering to forget it is going to be a problem, then don't ask. Otherwise go ahead. Anything is open.)

One of the advancing troops flicks his hand up and dispells the whirlwind before it can fully hit the troops. The columns reform (they made it look like the ranks broke some) and then continue their forward march.

Meanwhile, the crew runs to the ballistas and begin to train them on the Ruby Night. "Look out!" Alekssander shouts, raising his hand and burning the first couple of ballista bolts. Unfortunately more magical water puts out his fires. Building more concentration, Alekssander succeeds in incinerating the first bolts, and holding off some others.

Last edited by President WIN on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:45 pm

[I am assuming what you meant about the illusions is that they only damage us if we believe them to be real, is that correct? Also, yes, I separate Player and Character knowledge, but Shi'nrae is a mage and likely to pick up on them being illusions about the same as I did (them stopping when Kern attacked and the shimmering that accompanied it).]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:15 pm

"I see… the Soldiers… they are Fakes!" Kern yells. He fires regular rounds into the attacking airship. Several of them make minor explosions on impact, acting more like mini-cannon balls.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Shi'nrae was not at all surprised; she had begun to suspect illusions (since Sorcery deals with illusions she had a hunch, plus she picked up on the same clues I did).

[Post Trey post]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:06 pm

(So, clarify for me quickly here Jeff, your character IS a sorceress, with the spell selection that implies? Do note, if anyone catches on that she's a sorceress, there will be a social stigma attached to that, which you would have to deal with.)

As the illusionary soldiers are disbelieved, they rush forward in a last desperate attempt. As they reach you (assuming you do nothing to combat them) what little remains of their actual substance rains down on your head, in what appears to be sword blows, but feels like something between a pinprick and a punch, with no real consistency.

Suddenly, you hear a small boom, and what appears to be a wad of cotton flies at the Ruby Night and lands on the deck. Suddenly, the tightly packed cotton, flies apart, revealing none other than Kern's screaming bullet. The entire Beastmen crew falls to the deck almost instantly, in obvious agony. Alekssander approaches the bullet, plugging his ears in pain. He sets the bullet and cotton alight with arcane fire, heating the bullet in an attempt to destroy it. (I'll let Ian decide how effective this is; he needs to let me know where he's getting his bullets from, and what they're made of.)

Meanwhile the other ship takes advantage of the lull in combat to continue preparing their canons. Some begin to fire. Suddenly, the air suddenly turns heavy with an oppressiveness that smacks of magic.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:28 am

Kern laughs and pushes a button on the under side of the bullet. The Scream stops and he puts it into his pouch. "Never try to send me back mine bullets!" Kern removes a cleverly disguised ear plug. "They activate as soon as one of these rounds is fired. They allow me to hear words uttered by normal tongue, but they tune out the magical noise of the Screamer, and magical words. Clever eh wot?"
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:56 am

"Less talking, more fighting, dwarf."
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:09 pm

"Alright then." Kern smiles. He gives off a hearty laugh and loads his rifle with more rounds. He then proceeds to lay down cover fire onto the enemy ship. So as to keep the crew of that ship suppressed.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:40 pm

(Ian, remind me where your character is getting such advanced bullets, and why he would think of making them disarm-able? This is the kind of thing that would generally be good to be known about before hand. Also, are there any other little surprises your dwarf has up his sleeve?)

The crews of both ships get back to work, with the crew of our heroes' ship being slightly behind thanks to the screaming bullet. But this is quickly counter-balanced by Kern's suppressing fire. A general melee ensues. Meanwhile, winds suddenly begin to pick aboard the ship. making it hard to concentrate. Also, the almost-but-not-quite ineffective illusionary soldiers begin to make some progress against the Ruby Night's crew. Kern and Shinrae might almost be overwhelmed if they don't do something soon.

Alekssander fights off the illusions with small fireballs, and judicial uses of blessings, the True Sight invocation, and prayers which cause his weapon to glow with a sacred light. He casts similar spells on his friends; a holy protective spell on Shinrae, as she seems to be the weaker of the two, a weapon spell on Kern, with blessings on both.

(Jeff still needs to answer me about being a sorceress, and Ian should note that his character probably just picked up a flaming bullet, deactivated or not. Alekssander ended the spell when Kern reached for it, but that doesn't put out the flames right away...)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:48 pm

[I would assume so. I'm basically adapting the D&D spell selection I have for Shi'nrae (there's an apostrophe there) at the moment so let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.]

Shi'nrae contributes to her side of the battle.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:15 pm

(Just wanted to be sure you read the part about the social stigma and all...
Also, for spells you could just use the pdf I posted earlier in the forum... I'll repost it for convenience.
http://www.abandonia.com/files/extras/25935_game_extra_1.pdf)

Shi'nrae makes some progress, even while not being very clear with her actions. The illusionary soldiers redouble their attacks.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Kern frowns. "I'm out!" He drops his gun barrel to the deck. He then rearranges parts of it and it begins to resemble a battle axe. "Don't suppose this ship has a forge, if not then well i have to make them the hard way."
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:55 pm

(For the future, I think I'll restrict myself to only posting after at least two other posts; feel free to interact more.)

Alekssander turns to Kern. "Well, talented as you are, you don't seem to need a forge, but if you're that good at it, I can have something arranged when we dock; I'll make a note of it."

With a laugh, he turns back to the soldiers and slashes away with his rapier.

(oh, and the illusionary soldiers overrun Kern while he is making his axe thingy, unless something is done. This would be quite painful.)

General cannonfire occurs in the background. The illusionary soldiers make one last desperate attempt to swarm the most effective members of the Ruby Night's crew. The beastmen slaves continue firing, accounting for the noticeable back and forth.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next