TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colonize & Conquer 2: Medieval Mayhem

+2
99luftballons
Flagmauth
6 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Colonize & Conquer 2: Medieval Mayhem - Page 3 Empty Re: Colonize & Conquer 2: Medieval Mayhem

Post by Flagmauth Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Novgorod hasn't sent word back. Apparently the message was lost en route or they didn't consider it worth the time to respond.

[What is it you're demanding from the northern German states, exactly? I believe you left out a noun.]

The Hanseatic League, despite initial confusion over what Spanish meant exactly, are reluctant to do so.

Milan declares war on and summarily invades Venice.

In the meantime, the Byzantine war on the Ottomans is going surprisingly well. Through stellar generalship and "divine intervention" (read: luck) the Ottomans are fairly running scared by this point, even more so because their own chain of command has been decimated by the Interregnum. Mind you, they're far from beaten, at the moment they're disorganized and broken but the minute they get their stuff together Byzantines lucky strek likely will end.

On the other hand, the Byzantine performance has attracted notice from Hungary, Austria, and Poland-Lithuania.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Colonize & Conquer 2: Medieval Mayhem - Page 3 Empty Re: Colonize & Conquer 2: Medieval Mayhem

Post by President WIN Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 am

(The word I left out was "treaties". I think I left it out because I myself was searching for something more specific. Interpret it as you wish.

Also, I'd like to make my formal announcement on this forum that I will be gone for two weeks, starting today. Hopefully the world doesn't explode while Kalmar lies dormant.)

Kalmar extends offers of backing and support to Poland-Lithuania.

(And with that, I'm out. See you all on the other side!)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:12 am

[Alright, have a good time in France!]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:19 am

Florence is incorporating the former D. of Mondena, by building infrastructure, etc. to connect itself with the former duchy. Florence tries to establish trade with France again as well as Aragon.

99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:51 pm

France accepts, Aragon does not.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:49 pm

The Ottomans have lost quite a bit of territory to the Byzantines, and as more troops of Christendom pour in, momentum is working against them.

Iberia is still in chaos, with only a corner of Aragon in the northeast not inundated with violence.

In the war between England and France, England appears to be winning, with the Scots pushed back by leaps and bounds and Burgundy administering a series of brutal defeats to French cavalry.

The Pope dies.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:11 pm

The Florentines, having heard of the Popes death offer cardinal Damian as the next Pope (as well as money to the cardinal council).

Florence continues to integrate Sienna and Mondena, encouraging industry and arts. They offer to establish better trade routes between itself and Genoa as well as Milan now that they share common borders.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:28 pm

Milan invades Venice.

Pope Damian I is chosen as the next Pope, putting the Papal State firmly under Florentine control, along with the Catholic Church as a whole. Developments are carefully noted in other Catholic countries such as France, Austria and Poland.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Pope Damian makes his inaugural speech (of the Popes did that in 1400...). The speech does have a few parts mentioning that Damian will not interfere with the power of the Kings, because he wants to prevent un-pleasantries with the monarchs of Europe.

The Republic of Florence and the Papal States unite a few weeks later (I hope it is OK with you Mycro to put them together already) to form the Republic of Central Italy or just Italy for short. The capital is now Rome (for both Secular and Spiritual purposes), while Florence becomes the financial capital (Italian version of New York).
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:38 pm

The war in the North between Milan and Venice is going in Milan's favor for the moment.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Italy starts moving their government to Rome, choosing a new set of leaders for the senate from across the new Italian state (I renamed the council too). Cosimo de Medici is given a title similar to "Presidet" except with a little more power (I haven't found such a title yet...). Italy is also trying to develop ships that can carry goods across the Atlantic to trade with England and even Scandinavia (should I roll for that?).
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:14 pm

[Not really. Most of your ships you already have should suffice, although building more would be wise.]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:44 pm

(I wasn't sure that my ships were able to cross the ocean already, but I'll keep building ships like you suggested.)
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:33 pm

The Italian senate can be divided into two groups: the nobles and the wealthy merchants. Though not agreeing on much, it has decided that forming a uniform law code would be a good way to enhance the union. The lords wanted/got the first provision to make the Catholic faith the only religion in Central Italy [the Catholic Church then supported the position of lords and kings]. In return the merchants got a law passed that abolished serfdom [though not much serfdom remained in the former papal states, the source of free labor for lords would be gone].

Eyeing south, the Republic of Central Italy sees Naples with an oppressive monarchy and a feudal system. Italy declares war/invades the Kingdom of Naples to free the Italians from the oppressive monarchy (although really, the merchants and lords plan to expand their power/influence).
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:25 pm

(What year is it now in the role play?)
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:29 pm

[Roughly 1407.]

Naples fights back and, although outclassed, is putting up quite an impressive fight.

To the North, Milan has annihilated the Venetian army and annexed the country. Its armies turn west to Genoa and Savoy.

Further north, the latest phase of the Hundred Years' War has ended, with England victoriously clamping its bootheel on Scottish and Irish necks and Burgundy ripping pieces of territory off of France.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:46 pm

(has Milan attacked Savoy or Genoa? If so, then Italy will honor its allience with Milan and seize Corsica from Genoa via navy)

Italy continues to attack the K-dom of Naples, going for the capital.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:07 pm

The Genoese Navy fights the Union off, keeping them from grabbing Corsica.

Naples seems to have stabilized their front.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:09 pm

The Kalmar Union works to strengthen its relationship with the Hanseatic League by extending gifts of money and the latest ships, in hopes of getting Kalmar Merchants promoted to high positions of authority within the league.

Kalmar demands that, in order to ease travel, the North German states cease patrolling their borders with Kalmar, so that travelers need only check with one border guard.

More explorers/settlers are sent west.

More scouts are stationed on the eastern border(s).

A unified nordic language is still pursued.

Kalmar proposes a military alliance with Poland-Lithuania.

King Olaf issues a private letter of congratulation to the king of England on his successful campaign.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Poland-Lithuania promptly accepts and requests that the Kalmars send aid in the crusade against the Ottomans.

Nordic efforts at exploring the west come to rather little; they are able to reach Iceland but very little beyond that.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Kalmar readies itself for battle. After a grand parade beneath the consecrated, but still far from finished, Kalmar Faith Cathedral (which is at this time Catholic), one sixth of the army is sent to march with Poland-Lithuania. Kalmar excuses the rest of the troops, saying that times are tense at home, and much of the army is still needed there. Kalmar promises to send more troops when things calm down.

Another one sixth of the Army moves just slightly east of central Kalmar, two sixths head south to fight bandits and guard the border when the northern German states eventually agree to Kalmar demands. The final two sixths stay in central Kalmar, awaiting orders to move out at a moment's notice.

Kalmar explorers in the west settle down and try to survive and thrive in the new(-ish) country
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:28 pm

(Has anything happened in the war between Italy and Naples?)

Italy frees the serfs that they come by in Naples while moving toward Naples (and the enemy king).
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:19 pm

The front in Naples is fairly stable, by this time. The Union's troops are spread awfully thin, but Naples doesn't seem to be capable of taking advantage of that.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 pm

[Note: I will be working on a map shortly. By which I mean as soon as I feel like it; the political map has changed enough that I feel justified expending effort on a map now.]

The Ottomans have more or less rallied and are fighting back against the combined might of Austria, Poland-Lithuania, Byzantium and the Kalmar Union, though with limited success. They haven't gotten the time to get their stuff all in order and it shows.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:57 pm

[Map is now done. Keep in mind I threw it together in like a half hour and there's almost certainly some inaccuracy, but I believe the areas everyone is concerned with (Anatolia, Italy, North Germany) will more or less suffice for the time being.]

Colonize & Conquer 2: Medieval Mayhem - Page 3 Cnc2_m11

Any questions?
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next